Benfer Benferflex Rapido Tile Adhesive is a flexible adhesive with high strength cements, graded particle size aggregates, special synthetic resins and additives. Its formula has been studied and developed to lay quickly and safely marble, gris, natural stones, porcelain and ceramic tiles even on non-absorbent and variable surfaces. Benfer Benferflex Rapido Tile Adhesive is suitable for application on wooden boards, chipboard, plywood.
The substrates must be solid, free from oil, grease and dust. Any paint-work must be in good condition, washed and degreased. If this is not the case, the paint must be removed. Do not use Benfer Benferflex Rapido on gypsum, anhydrite. Do not use Benfer Benferflex Rapido on plastics or metals. Do not use on substrates which are subject to rising damp. Wooden substrates must be solid, with an adequate thickness and firmly attached to the substrate, so that the deflection is minimized.
Mix Benfer Benferflex Rapido Grey with 26% of water (5.2 litres of water for one 20kg bag of powder), White 28% of water (5.6 litres of water for one 20kg bag of powder) until the mixture has a uniform, gloss appearance and plastic consistency. The adhesive is now ready for use, and remains workable for approximately 30 minutes.
- Lay the tiles by applying sufficient pressure that there is at least 95-100% contact between tile and adhesive.
Contact must be 100% so as to prevent the infiltration of rainwater, which in the event of frost, could cause the tiles to detach. You are therefore advised to spread a layer of Benfer Benferflex Rapido on the back of the tiles too.
We recommend this method for interior tiling with Benfer Benferflex Rapido, in the following cases:
- Floor tile sizes exceeding 500cm² with tiles with absorption of less than or equal to 0.5% (e.g. porcelain tile)
- Floor tile sizes exceeding 1100cm² with other types of tile
- Wall tile sizes exceeding 120cm² with tiles with absorption of less than or equal to 0.5% (e.g. porcelain tile)
- Wall tile sizes exceeding 500cm² with other types of tile
- Special applications such as industrial cold rooms, baths, swimming pools etc.
It is essential to leave a joint of at least 3mm between each tile, and to ensure that the tiling conforms with the expansion joints of the structure to be elastically sealed, the joints between walls, and the joints between wall and floor. In any event, expansion joints or perimeter joints must be left about every 20m².
When using the Benfer Benferflex Rapido at 23°C and with 50% relative humidity, the open time of the mix is approximately 15 minutes. In unfavourable conditions, these times may be significantly reduced. You are therefore advised to spread the adhesive a little at a time and to check frequently that it has not formed a surface film before laying the tile. To improve workability, especially in the summer, it is beneficial to exclude draughts. In the first 12 hours after application, the adhesive does not withstand frost. Flooring installed using Benfer Benferflex Rapido can be walked over cautiously after about 2-3 hours for the purpose of grouting, and full service after 3 days.
Areas Of Application:
Benfer Benferflex Rapido can be used for laying of rapid hardening porcelain stoneware, one-fired ceramic tiles and water stable natural stones on:
- Interior and exterior walls and floors
- Heavy duty areas
- Wooden surfaces subject to slight deformation
- Heated screed with heated water system or electric system
Benfer Benferflex Rapido can be used on:
- Cement-based screeds, standard or heated with water system or electric resistance
- Cement-based plaster
- Flexible waterproofing membranes made up of concrete and polymers
- Concrete blocks
- Fluid cement-based screeds (prior application of an appropriate primer if demanded), standard or heated with water system or electric resistance
- Wooden boards
- Wooden substrates
- Old ceramic tiles (prior application of an appropriate primer if demanded)
- Standard or waterproof plasterboard
- Elastomeric waterproofing membranes
- Internal floors with maximum length of longest tile side up to 360cm
- External floors with maximum length of longest tile side up to 120cm
- Internal walls with maximum length of longest tile side up to 360cm
- External walls with maximum length of longest tile side up to 90cm
Classification EN 12004: C2 FTE S1
Basis: Cement, aggregates, additives
Colour: Grey and extra white
Apparent mass volume: 1.20kg/dm3
Maximum grain size: 0.5mm
Storage and Duration: 12 months in the original closed package in a cool dry place
Danger of toxicity: No. The product may cause irritation to the eyes and skin due to presence of cement.
Mixture ratio: White: 28%, 5.6lt (water)/20kg bag – Grey: 26%, 5.2lt (water)/20kg bag
Mixture consistency: Creamy
Density of paste: 1.65kg/dm³
Application temperature: From + 5°C to + 35°C
Pot Life: 30 minutes*
Open time: 30 minutes
Vertical sliding according to EN 1308: < 0,5mm Maximum thickness application: 15mm foot traffic: 2-3 hours Grouting: 3 hours full service: 3 days final hardening: 7 days Adhesion (after 28 days): > 1.0N/mm2
Adhesion after warming: > 1.0N/mm2
Adhesion after water immersion: > 1.0N/mm2
Adhesion after frost-thaw cycles: > 1.0N/mm2
Deformability according EN 12004 : 2.5mm
Temperature resistance: From -30°C to +90°C, * at 23°C and 50% relative humidity